City Jail Information for Allen, TX
Online Jail look up for city jail facility
- Allen Police Department does not currently offer an online inmate search or look-up to see if your loved one is in their facility.
Telephone number for the jail
- You may call the Allen City Jail Book-in desk at 214-509-4369 to find out if your loved one is in the custody of the Allen Police Department.
- You can also call the Allen Police Department front desk for information at 214-509-4200.
- The City of Allen jail is located at the Allen Police Headquarters, 205 W. McDermott, Allen, Texas 75013. You must enter the building through the front lobby. Once inside, look for and follow the signs that say, “Public Entrance.”
- Daily from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Visitation telephone number to verify approval
- If you are planning to visit a prisoner, you must inquire at the front desk of the Allen Police Station or call 214-509-4369.
- The Allen City Jail is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What type of facility?
Allen Police Department Jail is a functional jail facility. The jail holds prisoners with Class C misdemeanors. If the person’s charge is higher than a class C misdemeanor, they will likely be transferred to another facility within 72 hours.
What does it mean when a person is booked into jail?
When a person is arrested there are several different types of documents that must be completed. The person’s property must be listed out in detail, their photograph and fingerprints are taken as well. Once this process has been completed and they are moved into a cell or cellblock, they have at that moment officially been “booked” into jail.
What is an Alias warrant?
This is a warrant where no plea has been entered. A prisoner, bail bond company, or an attorney can post a bond for this type of warrant. The bond assures that the prisoner will appear in court.
What is a capias warrant?
A Capias warrant is where a plea has been entered and the prisoner did not follow through with the court agreement.
Allen Police Department’s website:
Allen Police Department Jail Overview website:
What county is Allen Police Department Jail located in?
- Collin County
If someone is transferred to Collin County Jail, how do I find out?
The Collin County inmate look-up can be found on the following website under “jail records” at http://cijspub.co.collin.tx.us/default.aspx
You can call the Collin County Detention facility at 972-424-1433.
The Collin County Detention Facility is located at 4300 Community Ave., McKinney, Texas 75071.